Friday, December 21, 2012

White Clay Vase



When you begin to explore pottery, and the making of pottery,
you begin to understand the difference in the type of clay they use.
I believe white clay was used to make this vase.
I got this vase in an antique store.
It is very light and delicate and if you look closely,
you can see through it.
I have 4 of them and do not dare touch them for fear of breaking them.
They are checked and then safely put away.

I will be amazed if they make it through another generation.
To think someone could make something sooo transparent
 and then paint it without it breaking , is nothing short of amazing.

Today is the 21st of December and it's supposed to be the end of the world.
It very well might be for many.
We do believe society will change . It will have to or face more acts of desperation or wars and today
we can't afford any more wars.
We also have to stop reproducing. There are too many people in the world to feed.
It has come to the point where everyone should grow their own gardens.
Two children per family is more than enough to support and feed.

Three more days before Christmas
I hope you are planning your meals and getting family and friends
ready to blow out the candles for the most famous birthday on earth.

Have a good one
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

4 comments:

Rick Watson said...

Pottery is one of the oldest artforms. This piece is beautiful.
As for the end of the world stuff, I choose to believe that the world is in a constant state of flux.
There may be hard times ahead, but I believe there are good times too. That's what I believe.

A Lady's Life said...

I agree 101

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

I was supposed to take a pottery class this past fall and forgot until I saw your post.

I think it was around August...Lol

I'm putting it back on my list for 2013.

That and piano lessons.

Love you and a VERY Merry Christmas sweet friend.

FSB

A Lady's Life said...

Thank you butterfly and same to you