Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Korean Touch

 
These bowls are soooooo smooth to the touch
I just love them.
Yup.
 Out for Christmas and back in the box.



Sometimes I think, why have all this stuff if I don't use them?
But the pleasure of knowing I have them and can use them when the need arises and not have to run around stores looking, is very reassuring.
Besides, they were gifts and I treasure them.
I love the Japanese reusable chop sticks. Some of them are so elaborate
and lets face it, they are fun to use. I get less stuff on my clothing using them for some reason.lol
When ever I go to the restaurants, I am never sure about how they wash the cutlery, so I always have my chopsticks with me.
The Chinese old people are quite upset with their kids when they use knives and forks.
They tell them the foreigners love our customs and you reject them. lol
I guess people will never be happy.
It wouldn't be a fun world if there was nothing to quibble about.
You learn quickly to take things with a grain of salt.

This year Costco had these nice looking cheese cakes.
They came 8 to a box, single servings.
You could add ice cream to them and whipped cream but we ate them plain.
They were soo smooth and delicious and came in different flavours.
Some New York style, some pumpkin, some plain, some chocolate. All soo good!
People don't need to cook anymore, when the stores sell such excellent
tasty food in such a wide variety and not very expensive.
 Costco lazagna is very rich and has lots of flavor,
the shepherds pie as well.

Of course my lazagna is richer because I need about 20 dollars worth of just ingredients to make it
and thanks to my Italian sisterinlaw I learned to make my own noodles for it and for the canneloni
which are so much better than the bought noodles.
but if you need something quick, you can't go wrong with Costco.

So Christmas is over and now we have to plan for the New Year.
My Mom always made it a seafood night.
I think this year I will try doing the lobster tails with paella and baked salmon.
I looked up the recipe and it doesn't look very hard to make.
Maybe I will also make canneloni with ricotta cheese and spinach.

The crock pot has a great bouillon all ready from yesterday.
So far I think my husband is the only one who tried it.
Instead of potatoes I put in a taro root.
It's almost like a potato.

I guess every one will be shopping for Boxing Day and my son will be planning his
next snow board trip.
xoxoxoxoxoxo


10 comments:

Just Be Real said...

As the New Year approaches, wishing you only the best.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Merry Christmas and a properous new year. I am happily your newest follower.

Maude Lynn said...

Happy New Year! Lobster sounds divine!

A Lady's Life said...

Thank you deeps and same to you

A Lady's Life said...

Just be real - Thanks and same to you

A Lady's Life said...

Magia Thank you and Happy New year to you as well

A Lady's Life said...

Thank you Linda Best wishes to you and your family :)

A Lady's Life said...

Mama Zen Lets see if I can do it right. lol

SandyCarlson said...

Those bowls are beautiful! It is nice to mark special occasions with special items. My grandmother had many such things, and they made Christmas what it was. I remember her traditions and her festive table more than I remember gifts.

Happy New Year!

A Lady's Life said...

Sandy - the same here. I never remember what I got as gifts for Christmas.
Probably they were all clothes. lol
But dishes.... I love dishes.