Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Crew Blessings

 
These little guys were losing their shoes so I glued them back on and
 refreshed their beards from a piece of cotton ball.
Every one got their shoes back except one toy soldier.
In the middle is an old
cash register, ready to do business
and the Santa heads are ready to be hung on the wall
Years and years to collect stuff like this and yet
so fast to lose.
So I am taking pictures for posterity.

Today we had soo much beautiful snow,a good 5 inches and it was quite chilly outside.
Beau really loved it. His muscles seem better today. lol
My son took pictures of him in the snow but he didn't give them to me yet.

We decided to have a family outing and went for Indian food at a place called Mahek, in Surrey.
They served delicious hot platters which they make from scratch.
Very spicy lamb curry , butter / tandoori chicken, rice , mint, prawns, naan
We couldn't eat everything so we brought a doggy bag home to enjoy later.
 Every ones' face was sweating from the hot spices.
The restaurant was full of birthday people and many were coming in groups wishing each other a Happy New Year. A little early but what the heck . lol

 My son especially enjoys Indian food and around here he has so many restaurants to choose from.
I should learn to marinate  my meat before cooking a few days ahead. It makes a big difference.
I noticed the grocery stores doing this. I figure they can't sell the meat so the marinate it and try again later.

At home my crock pot soup was cooking. It smells soo good this morning
I added cabbage to it. Nothing like hot soup with rice on cold wintry days.
This crock pot will be quite busy this winter. lol


 Bless This House


So the days are coming closer and closer to Christmas.
I looked out and the white snow has turned to slush.
I am sure by the end of the day it will all be gone.

xoxoxoxoxo

6 comments:

Gattina said...

I love Indian food too ! Unfortunately it's very expensive in Brussels, but not in London there it is very cheap. So when I am there it's Indian kitchen !

A Lady's Life said...

Here it's kinda expensive because you take many dishes as opposed to one and they charge everything separate.Cheaper to go to a chinese buffet.lol but we also have some Indian buffets as well but they are not as good.

George said...

I think it's a good idea to take pictures of your decorations. I should do that as well. We don't have any Indian restaurants in our neck of the woods. We still haven't had any snow this year.

Russell said...

Glad to hear you got out to eat some good Indian food. However, when I read about the crock pot soup that sounded many times more appealing to me.

Nothing is as good as a home cooked meal and nothing is as comfortable as something made in a crock pot.

Take care.

A Lady's Life said...

George I think so too It's a good idea because then you always know what you have. Hope you get some snow for Christmas.

A Lady's Life said...

Russell Crock pot cooking is the best. I love it especially in winter.
It cooks overnight and all day you have something hot and full of flavor to savor.