Monday, December 10, 2012

Chickadee

 
I don't remember where I got this, probably in Asia because
 all we did was shop there.lol
This is a little ceramic tile that is framed and can be hung on the wall.
It is so beautiful and delicate I don't want it broken so I
hid it away in a container.
As my son gets older he begins to understand the value of what I am doing here.
You won't be able to buy history as things always change.

We had an argument about music a few years back.
I told him his music is a fad and he said no it isn't.
I told him the music from our time will live forever.
He disagreed.
Now that he's older....
He found a piece by John Lennon and came and told me
Mom I really like this guy.
I told him yup!
Take a closer look and see what you find.
There are a lot of good things from your Mama's time.
Good things never die.
Class never dies.
It always comes back in style. lol
These chickadees may be brown but they are the cutest
little birds I will never tire of.
They will always be in style and admired by many generations.
xoxoxoxoxoxo

12 comments:

A Lady's Life said...

thanks mama zen

Lydia Kang said...

It's so adorable.

Jane said...

Your chickadee tile is adorable! I agree with you - I've noticed that my children (they're in their 20's) know and love all the music I grew up with (60's & 70's) - and if you notice, it's the music you hear in most movie soundtracks & commercials. I'm a new follower :)

A Lady's Life said...

lydia thanks

A Lady's Life said...

jane - I agree we do hear our music everywhere

Russell said...

Very true observation: "class never dies." I like that.

Hard to believe John Lennon would have been 72 this past week. At one time that seemed old to me. It does not know. In fact, 72 is just on the far side of middle age.

I know a lot of people in their early 70s who are still working full time (if not more than full time).

Today being in your 70s is like what it was like for our parents' generation to be in their 50s.

Take care.

Russell

A Lady's Life said...

Russell Amazing Boy does time fly 72. hmmm

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

"These chickadees may be brown but they are the cutest
little birds I will never tire of.
They will always be in style and admired by many generations."

BEAUTIFUL birds. I love when our kids come back "later" and agree with us. Lol

Love you sweet friend :-)

deeps said...

ohh so you have traveled to this part of the world...

Gattina said...

Really cute ! Yes I think our generation is for the first time imitated by the young people today. Or did you imitate your parents style of music and dressing ? The 60th come back in full speed.
To your commen : I can't do short Christmas visits, as the family comes to us ! Difficult to leave the house hen, lol !

A Lady's Life said...

Deeps - spent a lot of time there.
Got the best before all the changes. Now you don;t recognize anything.

A Lady's Life said...

Gattina I love my parents music too but this is tango and all these guys are from our time anyway. My parents were about angels and our generation was about peace and love.lol
I admit its hard when difficult people come to visit but I would tell them nicely their time is done and we have new ways now.
I had difficult visitors and they weren't even parents.
I learned if you cook a meal, cook it for yourself and your family and visitors have to learn manners just like you do when you visit them. A lot of stuff I don;t like either but I am courteous and polite using my thank yous and wonderful and delicious quite freely.
After all you don't have to be there right?lol