Monday, December 24, 2012

MERRY CHRISTMAS FOLKS!


(click to enlarge)
Thank you for all your wonderful comments. :)

So nice to have friends.
I made, or attempted to make, a nice dinner.
I put in a duck and a turkey with a yam to bake
The liver and necks are in the crock pot making soup for tomorrow.
I made vine leaves, lamb, gravy, cranberries,mashed potatoes,
turnips, etc..
 

Everything was working fine until I saw my stove smoking.
It was on fire.
Thankfully everything was cooked already. I turned everything off
and had to open all the doors to let the smoke out of the house.

The duck was delicious as was everything else.
I sliced a generous portion of turkey into a plate but did not serve the whole turkey just in case it was not all cooked. The pieces I cut were microwaved 3 minutes to make sure they were thoroughly cooked.

My boys were very happy with the meal but now I have to unscrew the oven to see why it caught fire.
Its a Jenair oven.

 
The Christmas throw was put back onto the guest room bed.
I had such joy making it and now take a great deal of pleasure seeing it on a bed.

 
The stuffed pets are waiting for Santa. They don't know the kids have all grown up. lol

 
Still other kids who didn't know they are supposed to be grown up
, fell asleep by the fire place on their watermelons.
They are such jolly, sleepy children . Just how I like them. lol

 
Santa is getting his last few minutes sleep before embarking on his
toy delivery job. It's been a long year. ;)

 

Mary and Joseph cuddle their sweet baby Jesus wrapped in swaddling clothes as news gets around
about the holy birth



We had a lovely family day and Wish  

Everyone

A Very Merry Christmas !!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox



8 comments:

Gattina said...

Wow,what a nice Christmas table ! We had a lot to eat too, but today (25) we will have the traditional Turkey, much to the joy of our cats !
merry Christmas to you too !

Hillcresthome Prims said...

You Christmas dinner looks YUMMY.
Thank you for always leaving me sweet and wonderful comments on my blog.
I wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS and A BLESSED NEW YEAR!!!
Hugs and Kisses,
Tricia

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks Gattina. My dogs are drooling over the turkey too lol

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks Prims
I began making the sweet potatoes/yams and I like it. So now I make sure to bake them as often as I can.They add color to the table as do the vine leaves which are taken from the grape orchards and then stuffed with filling like cabbage rolls. A whole pot disappears almost overnight with my guys lol

George said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family. You cooked a regular feast and even through in some extra excitement. I hope you find the cause of the problem.

A Lady's Life said...

George the turkey basting was at fault.
The stove have a metal plate that's screwed on and all around it is empty space. So something can leak in
and then if you have a small fire, you can't get to it.
I don't think I like this feature although the stove cooks wonderful meals.

Debie Grace said...

Hey, merry Christmas! :)

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks Debbie