Friday, September 21, 2012

Turkey Gobble

 

In the 1800's turkeys were kept live on the farm.
For 3 days before Christmas, a turkey had a walnut thrust down its' throat 3 x a day
and a glass of sherry once a day.
Then it was killed and cooked for Christmas dinner.
The meat was said to have been delicious.
 It was tender and had a wonderful nutty flavour to it .

The turkey should also have enjoyed its' last days in sherry bliss.

Turkey farmers...... take note
Flavoured turkeys can be in great demand
xoxoxoxo

6 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

Seriously?

A Lady's Life said...

mama zen - so I understand lol

Diana said...

I first saw a turkey "Up Close" while working at church one day. There were three of them outside the door pecking around in the pebbles. I couldn't believe how beautiful they were. I had only seen them at a great distance or frozen at the grocer!
This really amazed me and I think that the walnut and sherry idea is genius!! Love Di ♥

A Lady's Life said...

Diana - It makes sense since it works on flamingoes.They turn pink from all the shrimp they eat :)

Diane Stringam Tolley said...

Another reason not to aspire to be a turkey!!! :)

A Lady's Life said...

Diane = lol
I just got one for 11 bucks on sale
Before the holidays I'll probably get a few more to stash away.
I don;t buy big ones cause my family is small and my husband doesnt like left overs.
With two dogs and a cat I hardly think this is possible lol