Sunday, September 30, 2012

Look Into My Eyes.

 
Look Into My Eyes.
No. A Little More To The Right.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/12/1215_051215_north_pole.html

According to National Geographic, it is not the North Pole that's shifting but the magnetic pole.
Apparently it shifted 685 km from Arctic Canada towards Siberia.
Apparently it's a normal thing that happens all the time and doesn't necessarily mean a total reversal of the planet.
You can read about it at the above link.

Studies have suggested that the magnetic field flips every 450,000 years and we are already
 780,000 years since the last one.

I hope this doesn't mean we will end up in Siberia if we follow a compass.
We'll get arrested for doing nothing. lol

Now we will be confused and never know where North and South is.
Wherever the needle points north, do we just  turn  a bit to the right of it, to head to the north we are supposed to go to????

I wonder if the ships have noticed a difference in their compasses?
Pretty soon, if we hang upside down magnetically,
we'll have to recalibrate our GPS and/or go cross eyed. lol

Nothing is ever as it seems ...is it?

xoxoxoxoxo



7 comments:

Akelamalu said...

Interesting!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi A lady's life .. no wonder I prefer my brain to find where I'm going!

Life does change all the time .. first time I've heard of this though!

Cheers Hilary

Gattina said...

For me nothing changes, because I can't read a map and I don't now where North and South is, so I just have to turn the map around :)!

A Lady's Life said...

OMG you can't read a map Gattina?
Well this is certainly a good blog for you to do and learn how to do this. lol
I learn things every day and try to put them in my blogs.

George said...

We certainly live in an interesting and ever-changing world. Tampa International Airport had to re-label one their runways because of the shifting magnetic pole.

A Lady's Life said...

george - no kiddin ?

A Lady's Life said...

Hilary - so much for global warming.
Lol We probably have no idea what's going on. I think the ant arctic is getting colder.