Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My Little Friend

 
My little Chickadee friend who kept hopping under our table,
between our legs and was not in the least bit fearful
What a little darling he was.
I would throw him a rice at a time and he would come and eat it.
What a mouthful though, as he tried to take it in his beak and cut it up into pieces.
One of God's creatures.
He was not friendly enough for me to take him home though , as I am sure
so many customers would think to do
since he was so tame.
xoxoxoxox

5 comments:

Trotter said...

Hi Lady! It has been a long absence, but things have been a bit hard: father 95, mother almost 91 doing radiotherapy, wife broke right elbow and I’m consuming some much needed holidays to take care...

The Chickadee looks nice, but maybe a bit scared with everything that is happening around...

As far as Blogtrotter Two is concerned, it seems nobody is interested in St. Kitts, so maybe I should try something else. Anyhow, enjoy and have a great week or better a vacation, if still available!!!

Diana said...

What a pretty bird! I don't think I've ever seen one that close, really pretty colors! Love Di ♥

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks Trotter Nice to see you're back. The bird was not in the least bit frightened. He felt right at home and looked at you while he ate.
lol

A Lady's Life said...

Diana - I love sparrows .I call them all chickadees.
We had fun with this one watching how he broke up each rice bit into pieces. He was not the least bit intimidated by people.The waitress walked around him and he was her friend as well, always under foot.lol
This was at the Mongolian Grill in Whistler, BC

Diana said...

Smart Bird, LOL!!
Love Di ♥