Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sometimes - It IS Crazy



Sometimes one has to ask why?

Do you not like your arms, legs.....brain?

What's wrong with enjoying a kayak and the view, in safe places?

Sometimes........ is Crazy . lol

My oldest son loved all the latest things.
When the skateboard came out, we had a head ache to
get him one and it couldn't be any old one.

We had to pick and choose the right picture and the right model
and of course he had to try it out to make sure it had the proper feel to it.

We lived in a gated community so we thought if he skated there it would be ok.
It had small inclines and stairs he could jump to learn.
So out he went with all his friends and did the turns and twists and he was happy to go down the small inclines like a surf boarder.
He went one day, he went another and then the third day he came home with
 huge scrapes on his legs.

I had to smile because I knew what this was going to do.
He put the skate board into his cup board and that was the last I saw of it.

If anything, my oldest son was always careful with his body.

We kept teasing him asking him why he wasn't skate boarding and he said:
Oh, I will, a bit later.
lol
but we saw he lost his taste for it.
Thank God!

xoxoxoxox


5 comments:

Gattina said...

My son loves all sports (except football=soccer) he did and some of them still does Basket, Skateboard, Rollerskates, surf, sailing, tennis, diving, golf, Karate, Judo etc and he never broke anything or didn't even have a scatch ! He sure was lucky. And his parents hate all sports, we are far too lazy !

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi A Lady's Life .. funny how some kids are braver than others, some don't mind falling over and some are just plain careful ... interesting!

Cheers Hilary

A Lady's Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Lady's Life said...

Hilary I always teach mine to be careful because they only have two arms and two legs and one brain. I broke my wrist and now I need it and the strength is not there any more.
Maybe it still needs to heal. I hope that this is the case.

A Lady's Life said...

Gattina my second son is fearless.
The first doesn't like pain. lol but he did taekwondo, surf sailing, tennis, swimming,baseball, volley ball, basketball, diving, rollerskating, ice skating, biking.He loved wrestling.
He was always a pretty powerful guy, easy going. Not many messed with him lol