Friday, November 16, 2012

And One Day they Are All Grown Up

 
Little boys grow up overnight into little men.
As you come into their room to kiss them softly,
you watch them smile, dreaming about soccer, baseball and the
little girl who gave them a coquettish glance.
They dream about rough housing with the guys
and pulling pranks on the teacher .
The old, faithful dog
lifts its' nose up, to give you a sleepy gaze and a little wag of a tail.
You give it a tender pat and it drops back to sleep
curled by a young mans' feet , also dreaming about the ball game he had with his favorite
team mate, called boy.
It's been a full day but a day
where you feel full and satisfied
doing the most important job of all,
Being a Mom.
xoxoxoxox



10 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

That is such a nice tribute to your son. It reminds me of my boys when they were young, they have since made me a Gramma, and now I am a Great Gramma, but this brought back many lovely memories.

A Lady's Life said...

Gigi Congratulations on being a great gramma lol
I too am a gramma . I think the greatest joy and reward for people in life, are children and watching them grow, explore,learn and being a part of it all.

Maude Lynn said...

This is so sweet!

George said...

This is a wonderful description of the sleeping boy and his faithful dog. Most of all I think it is a wonderful tribute to Mother, who can sense and appreciate all these things.

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks Mama Zen

A Lady's Life said...

George - These are blessed moments in life

Gattina said...

You sound a little nostalic !
Tomorrow we will go to Amsterdam to celebrate Toby's second birthday ! Time flies by so quick !

A Lady's Life said...

gattina certainly does I tell my son I wish he was still small lol

Magia da Inês said...

¸.•°✿⊱╮
Belo texto!!!!
Bom fim de semana, amiga!
Beijinhos.
Brasil.
¸.•°✿⊱╮
✿ °•.¸

A Lady's Life said...

thanks magia