Monday, October 10, 2011

A teacher trying to teach good manners, asked her students the following question:

'Michael, if you were on a date having dinner with a nice young lady,
how would you tell her that you have to go to the bathroom?
'
Michael said: 'Just a minute I have to go pee.'

The teacher responded by saying:

'That would be rude and impolite. What about you Sherman, how
would you say it?'

Sherman said: 'I am sorry, but I really need to goto the bathroom. I'll be right back
.'
'That's better, but it's still not very nice to say the word bathroom at the dinner table. And you, little Johnny, can you use your brain for once and show us your good manners?'

Johnny said 'I would say: Darling, may I please be excused for
a moment? I have to shake hands with a very dear friend of mine, whom I hope to introduce you to after dinner.'






10 comments:

Gattina said...

Hahaha ! good answer and polite !

George said...

I'm always amazed at how much manners have changed over the years. Thanks for the great story.

A Lady's Life said...

gattina - my husband liked that one and he kept telling me when he had to go to the washroom lol

A Lady's Life said...

George -
I don't see manners being taught to day nor practiced.
Today they see an old woman on a bus and a free seat, the kids run to take the seat and make the old woman stand.
You say something and they take you to court.lol

Gigi Ann said...

Fun joke about good manners. I'm afraid I'm guilty of saying, "I need to use the bathroom, don't leave I'll be back."

A Lady's Life said...

Gigi - well when you gotta go you gotta go lol

Diane Stringam Tolley said...

Great story! And your underlying message about manners is so true. Manners are getting to be a thing of the past. My new son-in-law had to be taught to stand when being introduced to a person. He never knew that before!

A Lady's Life said...

Diane - yes so much is lost with the new ways.
Its all about equality today. Not about what the right thing to do is.

Baron's Life said...

Hahahaha...this is a good story...love little Johnny...mine is not so little though

Anonymous said...

I would like to introduce you to my friend ... only if you'd let me
JDS