African American trivia
The answers are below.
1. What group from the 80’s had a hit with the song titled “777-9311”?
2. Who was the first African American Supreme Court Justice?
3. What former Muhammad Ali bodyguard played Clubber Lang in Rocky III?
4. What gospel legend got her start singing in a group called the Caravan Singers?
5. What gospel pioneer wrote “Take my Hand Precious Lord”?
6. What is Dominique Wilkins’ brother first name that also played in the NBA?
7. How many times did Muhammad Ali win the Heavyweight Championship title?
8. Which one of these three entertainers appeared on the old Star Search variety show? a) Usher b) Michael Jackson c) Gerald Levert
9. Which one of these three comedians appeared on the old Star Search variety show? a) Martin Lawrence b) Eddie Murphy c) Bernie Mac
10. What singer had a hit with a song titled “The Big Payback”?
11. What is Marcia’s from the Brady Bunch real name?
12. What year was the legendary hip-hop recording “Rappers Delight” released?
13. What is Snoop Dogg’s real name?
14. What was legendary poet Amiri Baraka name before he changed it?
15. Who invented both the traffic light and gas mask?
16. What movie did Denzel Washington win an academy award for?
17. Who is
18. Who was the first person of African descent to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize?
19. Who was the first person of African descent to be honored on a postage stamp?
20. What show was Ralph Carter a co-star on that debuted on February 1, 1974?
21. What group had a hit in the 70’s with “One Bad Apple”?
22. What member of the famous
23. What singer had a hit with the song “Let’s Stay Together”?
24. Who was the first person of African descent to play in the Master’s Golf Tournament?
25. Who is the creator of the Kwanzaa holiday celebration?
26. Who is the founder of Ebony and Jet magazines?
27. He said nobody can sing like whom in the movie Five Heartbeats?
28. What was Diahann Carroll’s character first name in the movie Five Heartbeats?
29. What was the first black-owned company to be listed on the American Stock Exchange?
30. In what year was Dr. Martin L. King Jr. assassinated?
31. Who was the first African American astronaut in space?
32. Who became the first African American female lawyer in 1872?
33. What show did the Jeffersons TV show spin-off from?
34. How many years did Michael Jordan play with the Chicago Bulls?
35. Is walking to the store in your house shoes ghetto?
2. Thurgood Marshall
3. Mr. T.
4. Shirley Ceasar
5. Thomas A. Dorsey
9. Martin Lawrence
10. James Brown
11. Maureen McCormick
13. Calvin Broadus
14. Leroi Jones
15. Garrett A. Morgan
17. Madam C.J. Walker
18. Ralph Bunche
19. Booker T. Washington
20. Good Times
21. The Osmond Brothers
22. Rebbie Jackson
23. Al Green
24. Lee Elder
25. Dr. Maulana Karenga
26. John H. Johnson
27. Eddie Canne Jr.
29. Johnson, Products Company
31. Guion Bluford Jr.
32. Charlotte E. Ray
33. All in the Family
35. Yes. End of Trivia