Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Selangor Pewter


These are pewter shot glasses from Singapore.
I love the Singapore Mer Lion.
It foretells an interesting story
about a tiny island, who fought for its' independence
from Malaysia.
Malaysia gave it, thinking that the island would fall and beg to come back.
It certainly looked bad when it was invaded by Japan,
but it didn't fall. Lee Kuan Yew may be both loved and hated but
he turned it into a beautiful city nation state, clean safe, respected and loved,
 by all who come to visit.I loved living there and the memories made there,
will always be a living treasure in my heart.
 Singapore.
=====================

There comes a time my friend when all must live and die
There comes a time to suffer, flourish and revive.

Merlions' brand of gentle beauty,
Foretells of truth and courage
Of Lion hearted Princes breathing life
Of Singapore, my lifes' sweet mistress,
 Of an orchids'  tale of mirth and strife.

A child was born and raised from tips of fires,
Burning on the edge of green.
A child so tiny, free and independent
Guarded by the flying fish of light.

My lovely island,
A place I lived and worked in,
Protected by the souls of  treasured Nonyas,
 In the night.
Historically, will not repeat there,
A time when it had no choice but
 To survive and  fight.

O lovely hearth and heart I found there
With every step and smile I met.
A Merlion child I came to bear there
Merlion children, I brought back.

I planted innocence and beauty
By dogwood trees and snow ......and you.
But my heart was stilled by the Merlion,
Silent perfection, guarding
My sweet Mistress' womb.
A Lady's Life








11 comments:

♥vendy♥ said...

abolous pieces hun
xoxo

♥ Vendy ♥
NEW POST!!!
The simple life of rich people BLOG

A Lady's Life said...

thanks vendy

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hiya .. love the Selangor pewter glasses .. aren't they beautiful. One day I'd love to visit Singapore .. and yes the country has done well for itself ..

Cheers Hilary

Felicity Grace Terry said...

How beautiful are those glasses and such powerful words as well, great post, thank you.

A Lady's Life said...

We managed to catch the end of a period in Singapore before it became what it is today.
Once a place changes so much it becomes a normal city Petty

A Lady's Life said...

Hilary - singapore is known for the
pewter and orchids and for the beautiful jewelry. It also has a lot
stylish clothing because people love to look good.

Diane Stringam Tolley said...

I SO love pewter! I started to collect a set way back when, but it got prohibitively (real word) expensive, so I had to give up. Sigh. I had never heard the story of Singapore . . .

A Lady's Life said...

Diane they have some beautiful pieces made from pewter. But I don't know if its healthy to use them as eating utensils.

Akelamalu said...

I planted innocence and beauty By dogwood trees and snow... and you

Wonderful! Love the shot glasses and your poetry. x

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks Akelamalu

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks mama zen