Saturday, March 12, 2011

Keep the Passion Burning



The World enjoys and will continue to enjoy the artists who showed us a different view of things seen through their eyes.The following is a true story. There was this little kid who had a bad habit of sucking his thumb. His mother finally told him that if he didn't stop sucking his thumb, he'd get fat. Two weeks later, his mother had her friends over for a game of bridge. The boy points to an obviously pregnant woman and says, "Ah, ha! I know what you've been doing
========================

|A man observed a woman in the grocery store with a three year old girl in her basket. As they passed the cookie section, the child asked for cookies and her mother told her "no." The little girl immediately began to whine and fuss, and the mother said quietly, "Now Ellen, we just have half of the aisles left to go through; don't be upset. It won't be long." He passed the Mother again in the candy aisle. Of course, the little girl began to shout for candy. When she was told she couldn't have any, she began to cry. The mother said, "There, there, Ellen, don't cry. Only two more aisles to go, and then we'll be checking out." The man again happened to be behind the pair at the check-out, where the little girl immediately began to clamor for gum and burst into a terrible tantrum upon discovering there would be no gum purchased today. The mother patiently said, "Ellen, we'll be through this check out stand in five minutes, and then you can go home and have a nice nap." The man followed them out to the parking lot and stopped the woman to compliment her. "I couldn't help noticing how patient you were with little Ellen..." The mother broke in, "My little girl's name is Tammy... I'm Ellen."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are slugs edible? Wanna Know?

Yes. Apparently so. The early settlers ate them well cooked.
The slime numbs the tongue and may result in a rare form of meningitis — or infection of the spinal fluid — called eosinophilic meningitis or angiostrongyliasis caused by the rat lung-worm parasite, or Angiostrongylus cantonensis. It is spread when snails and slugs eat parasite-infested rat dung and move onto vegetables, where they are eaten by humans."

Why would you take the risk? Some ants eat them but I have never seen anything else try to, even chickens.


The Annoying Orange is at it again.





13 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

OK. I did not put any slugs in my salad tonight. I'm abstaining....

Fun post. Thanks.

A Lady's Life said...

Sandy you made me laugh.
I have a lot of slugs in my back yard and I was wondering if they were edible since they are like escargots.
So the opportunity presented itself and I decided to find out.
And the yucky things will never reach my table that's for sure lol

Geraldine said...

I often read your comments over at Sandy's blog, thought Id stop in. Interesting blog!

www.takeahappybreak.com

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks Geraldine Come back anytime :)

A Lady's Life said...

I think we learned something with respect to slugs.
The slime has a numbing effect so maybe it could be used to numb an area on a persons body.

Zuzana said...

Love both child related stories, they made me laugh.;))
I am not sure I would like to eat slugs, but I have eaten frog legs.;))
That clips was so surreal and hilarious.;)
Have a lovely Sunday,
xoxo

A Lady's Life said...

I would never eat slugs yuck! but the frog legs taste something in between chicken and fish. As long as I didn't have to kill them I guess its ok but even so. Poor little things to be killed just for the legs.

Akelamalu said...

Loved the tale of the patient mum!

Edible slugs - no thanks. :(

Jientje said...

I loved the stories! Hope you're having a great weekend!

Maude Lynn said...

The story about the woman and the little girl in the grocery store is priceless!

A Lady's Life said...

Akelamalu Jientje and Mama Zen
Thanks :)

Gattina said...

If you look around you there a lot of men sucking their thumbs, and they are certainly not pregnant, lol !

A Lady's Life said...

Gattina - you are soo funny hahahaha
Toucher