Monday, April 26, 2010

maxine


I love a good cooked meal

so I don't cook.


I hate housework! You make
the beds, do the dishes and
six months later you have to
do it all over again!!


They Lied. If you keep something in the refrigerator long enough

The expiration date will wear off and then you don’t have to worry about it


I read recipes the same way I read science fiction -
I get to the end and think

Well, that's not gonna happen!


Recipes are like a dating service. They never look like the picture


There should be a support group for women who can’t load dishes

Into their dishwasher dirty



Stop dusting and you can keep your coffee table as a message board.



7 comments:

Akelamalu said...

"Recipes are like a dating service. They never look like the picture" Aint that the truth! LOL

George said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the finished recipe doesn't look nearly as good as the picture in the book!

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE the advice!!! I need that support group... I thoroughly rinse dishes before loading them in the dishwasher... my mother taught me to do that... she better go with me! LOL
Merci for the laugh!
Fifi

Anonymous said...

Very funny...and good advice...do not cook...if you don't have to
JDS

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks all I agree lol
I am beginning to love Maxine a lot.
She is my kinda woman. lol

Voegtli said...

Very, very good advise. In particular the noticeboard one.

A Lady's Life said...

Peter - Today you plug in your air purifier and it leaves nothing to dust lolBut I am also willing to see if my self cleaning fridge and stove do the trick as well. lol
Or will they be just as much fun as the cruise control cars they have today where people think the car drives on its own.lolThe floors have a little robot running around cleaning. Life is good!:)
My Mom used to complain about doing her washing and her motherinlaw said to her, ya must be hard pushing buttons. lol
As life gets easier people get weaker.