Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sweet Chores of Life

This is a little piece I got in Singapore.

I love little boxes to put things in and use this piece for my little treasures.
I loved how they put on the finishing touches on this one

The statues on top made me laugh when I got them and they still bring a smile to my face because the Gramma takes me back to Mark Twain's, Huckleberry Fin times.

The Shoemaker reminds me of my Grandfather, who was very particular with his shoes and that of his children's. He repaired them in spite of everyone wanting a new pair, instead of always wearing repaired old ones. Here the shoe maker is demanding to fix the shoes just like my Grandfather did.
His work was immaculate and they looked almost brand new once he was done with them.

The glass flowers in the decorated pot I also love because I don't have to fuss with them and wait for them to bloom and they are easy to wash and maintain.

Whenever I look at this display, it makes me happy because of how it speaks to me.

6 comments:

Akelamalu said...

What a beautiful piece of furniture!

Jeannette StG said...

It's often those little things that a worth a lot to us, because they are connected to what is dear to us. Great to have such great grand parents!

George said...

It's easy to understand why this means so much to you. It brings out many memories.

A Lady's Life said...

Memories, create your own personal world. They make you the person that you are and the person you will yet become.

Baron's Life said...

Lovely

A Lady's Life said...

Baron :)