Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Fun


Three more eggs and I will have my two dozen to put away to dry for a year.
In the mean time, they make a lovely postcard, do they not??

I can add as many eggs as I want to make a heritage collage
of my own stuff and am enjoying seeing them turn out lol

Here's a
WINTER Poem Someone wrote.

ENJOY!

It's winter in Canada
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At thirty-five below.

Oh, how I love Canada
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Canada
Cuz I'm frozen to the ground!

Have a great day...:)

5 comments:

Gattina said...

Hahaha ! now I understand ! you are making Christmas eggs ! First time I see this ! very original. I always relate eggs to Easter, apparently I am wrong !

George said...

Your eggs are beautiful and the poem is cute. Thanks for sharing both -- and please keep your Canadian weather up there!

A Lady's Life said...

Gattina we have eggs for every occasion Mostly for display purposes.
It is also considered good luck to give someone an egg and to receive an egg since it represents fertility and birth.

A Lady's Life said...

George - where we are it is fine.
In fact when we cross the border into Bellingham, Washington,they have a lot more snow than we do up here. The Prairies however.... are a different story. They are always hit good.
Northern BC and Vancouver Island also have more than their fair share. and when you go further into the interior, it can become quite dangerous to drive.

Personally, I miss Jack Frost painting my windows. :)

Akelamalu said...

Great eggs and poem! :)