Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Busy Elves


We visited different malls and Santa is working hard with his elves
trying to avoid a Christmas rush , getting all the orders in from good children.

We put our tree up high on a table where I put the gingerbread  houses and
the statue of Mary Joseph and the baby. Now we can say we are celebrating the birthday known as Christ  mass.

Last night my husband and I sat by the tree. He was in a good mood so he played his guitar and I tried my best at the piano playing jingle bells.
I used to have a good voice but since they put a tube into my throat from my sons C section they must have done something to my vocal chords cause I can't sing anymore.
I was not able to talk for a week after that ordeal so now I miss it.

I enjoyed being able to sing all the hymns around this time of year .
I remembered my Motherinlaws bow tie cookies. She made them around Christmas to give all the kids.  I found a web site with a recipe, which also seems to promote mystery books. I think they are offering a free book. It's called

Mystery lovers kitchen

http://www.mysteryloverskitchen.com/2013/12/Angel-Wings-Italian-Bow-Tie-Cookies-Cleo-Coyle.html

The cookies are easy to make and tasty. You fry them as opposed to baking them.
----------------------------------------------------------
Another recipe for Almond cookies :

1 cup butter, softened
3 1/2 cups plain flour
3 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
40 whole blanched almonds

Cream the butter and sift together the flour and sugar. Fold the mixture into the butter and stir in the almond extract. Knead gently and set to chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.

Pinch off lumps of dough about 1 inch in diameter and roll them into balls. Flatten them slightly and press a whole almond into the top of each one.

Heat the oven to 350 degrees F and bake the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet for 15 minutes or until they just start to color golden. Cool and then store in an airtight container. Makes about 40 cookies.

xoxoxoxoxo

6 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for the recipes! Sounds like a nice evening at home. Merry Christmas!

Gattina said...

Yes, Christmas is approaching. I have done all my gift shopping, and am ready ! This year it will be fun because grandson Toby is 3 and understands better !

Akelamalu said...

I love singing and was always in choirs when I was young. However, as I've got older my voice has gone, but I still sing like there's nobody listening. LOL

A Lady's Life said...

Welcome Sandy

A Lady's Life said...

Gattina - I don't have little boys but the big boys are all trying to sneak to check out what's under the tree. Big babies lol

A Lady's Life said...

Akelamalu
It hurts my throat to sing. I also try though. lol