Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Nicks' Spaghetti House




http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g154943-d707335-r142174818-Nick_s_Spaghetti_House-Vancouver_British_Columbia.html

At Bozzinis' in Surrey, we were recommended by this older local gentleman, to go to
Nicks' Spaghetti House for ribs. on Commercial Drive, in Vancouver.
I think I've seen it around.

He said they make the best ribs in town and is Italian run.
It's a family restaurant that's been around 56 years.
They sure could use a ytube commercial like what they have in Montreal
if their ribs are as good as that.

We had a rib place in Montreal.
 People stood around the block to get in for their ribs.
Well worth the wait I can tell ya.
They have two places now One on Guy street and one on Sources blvd.
 BARBBARN Chicken and Ribs

http://www.barbbarn.ca/eng/home.htm



Italian food is soo good when done right but very bad for the waste line.

I guess if I want a treat, when we are around the area, we could drop by Nicks  for take out.
We usually buy for three anyway even if we eat there, so my son has a taste.

They also have a fabulous Italian ice cream places where they make it all in home
with so many flavours. La Casa Gelato  is one such place.

http://www.lacasagelato.com/product.htm

I love cosmopolitan cities. Whatever you have a craving for is right at your finger tips.
Right now I feel like my friend Anthony Bourdain, with No reservations. lol
Nice to be able to go around eating and recommending places to people.

This morning I heated my leg with a heat lamp and it felt better so this time when I went out, I walked.
We got Nice crabs at the Superstore and at T&T we got tofu . fresh chow mein noodles, sushi, and caviar from salmon and another fish.
 The salmon roe consisted of large eggs and the other one had very small roe. The big eggs burst in your mouth and the other one crunched.
I had the caviar with camembert on  vegetable crackers. Sooo good. What a treat. I shared my sushi with my son.
Hubby ate so he wasn't hungry. I love tofu in soup and especially in Miso soup.
Today I marinated spare ribs with wine and other spices for tomorrow. Hope they turn out.


xoxoxoxoxxo

4 comments:

George said...

The ribs sound delicious. I'm not a big fan of ribs, but I would be tempted to try these.

A Lady's Life said...

George BBBarn's ribs are truly delicious.
They have a lot of competition though, with other rib places.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi A Lady's Life .. the restaurant sounds wonderful .. but I hope your leg heals .. not easy. Cheers Hilary

A Lady's Life said...

Hilary me too.
Always depends on weather
I'd be running around fine in Florida. Anyway it seems better Must have done something to it.