Thursday, August 5, 2010

Scavenged Treasure

I waved to the waves as they crept closer to the cliff’s edge

Exposing their churning white teeth .

Their clashing drenched my face and hair from the foggy spray

Which covered the area like a shawl from heaven

I assumed the look of a soggy wet dog, dripping, in the face of the wind

Black clouds gripped the sky crawling along it’s blue hue

They pelted over each other as if in a race towards where….

The end of time?

I wondered…..

In the howling wind I heard the voice of my ancestors

Beckoning me to step forward and yet…..

Warning me

The old man Sea knew his job

I was mesmerized by his embrace

Covered in his soft, wet kisses and

Floating in his power,and warmth

As he reached out for his final embrace, I awoke

From his overwhelming, salty breath

And begged him to let me go

For I thirsted for a breath of life

I was not his Queen or his wife.

He had many already

I saw his face and it took command

Lovingly enshrining me on a pedestal of his devotion.

He was cunning and sharp

What do you want……..he whispered in my ear

What do you want????

And as I screamed NOT YOU!!!!

He hurled me out onto the shore

In a ragged torn heap as he does all his rejects.

To be collected by scavengers

Seeking treasure.

A Lady's Life.

6 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

This is frightening! Well done!

A Lady's Life said...

Mama Zen Thanks Means a lot coming from you :)

SandyCarlson said...

What you said.

Beautifully done.

Thanks.

A Lady's Life said...

Sandy - Thanks:)

juliana said...

the sea fascinates me... attracts me and frightens me at the same time
well done (love the painting, too)!

A Lady's Life said...

Juliana - The sea has so many secrets
to disclose. Thanks for the comment:)