Thursday, February 13, 2014

Old IS New , New IS Old.






















I began this painting (as I have many ) in the year
2000.
I know cause I made sure to write the date on the painting.

Then it just stood there waiting for the finishing touches.
Finally I got tired of all the knitting and decided to pull
out the paints again.
Once that is done I can say it is ready to hang on the wall.
It is a big painting on a ply wood board. 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 feet.
Once you begin to wait for the paint to dry to continue, it
gets forgotten, cause you begin other paintings. They reach the same
point where they need to dry to continue and then they get forgotten,
 as you always get side tracked.
Behind it is another one the same size, I will have to finish.
I love painting winter scenes as they give me such a sense of freedom.
Living in BC always leaves you with that strange feeling
of mysticism. So much inner luxury in beauty enjoyed by so few
because to enjoy it could be deadly.
Banks Island alone is like 70k miles and full of animals including grizzlies
and musk ox. Once you head up north, running out of gas or getting lost is NOT
an option. Leaves you dizzy just thinking about it.

Being pulled like this by deer, looks like so much fun and I wish I was young
to be able to try. That's my knid of skiing. lol

As it is, I am still waiting for that moonlight ride
in fresh powder snow, pulled by a Troika. lol
Dr. Zhivago is still deeply embedded in my mind.
What a story that was.

Now the actors are old and the roles they play today do not suit them.
But I guess you take what they give you. It's a job.

The new Nikita hardly compares to the old one.
She just doesn't cut the story line.

Well, since it is still not finished, I decided not to wait and put it up on line.
It doesnt have much left to do Just deer touch ups and a few things done to the scarf and mittens.

It is big so one has to put it up to do the bottom and then wait till it dries to do the top
or risk the animals rubbing against the wet paint and leaving hairs. lol
In this case it wouldnt be a bad thing cause it fits the ambiance of the thing. lol

On the home front I got my hearts and stuck them on my wreaths on the front door
So I am ready for Valentines.
My oldest is a Valentines baby. He sure is a big baby now. lol

They also had the St Patties things out so I made sure to get a few hats and beer glasses
and the clovers ,which will go on the wreaths so they stay up till March 17th at least.
The wreaths are getting dry and the needles  fall when you touch them, but I am determined to keep them up since I took the trouble of making them.

Well have yourselves a wonderful day!

xoxoxoxoxoxxo

8 comments:

George said...

I'm glad you've decided to finish this painting. It looks wonderful. I've got so many projects I have to get back to that I don't even want to think about them!

A Lady's Life said...

Well George this means you have a lot to live for and no reason to get bored lol

Akelamalu said...

Nice painting!

Gattina said...

The painting is very nice ! I only use acrylic colors, that dries quick !

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks Akelamalu
I think it will be once its FINALLY finished. If I don't screw up. lol

A Lady's Life said...

Gattina I tried acrylics and I cant say I like painting with them too much.I dont like water color either.
Like you said, they dry too quickly.
With oils you can sit and blend all day if you want to and if there is a mistake it can be wiped off.

It's ok for small pictures but for the big ones oils are much better.

SandyCarlson said...

This is a fun painting. I, too, am glad you are going to finish it. As always, your talents amaze me.

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks Sandy